Saturday 12 July 2008

Lets try again

This is yet another attempt to regularly journal and document my life.

I guess the first thing to discuss is the weather. Why the weather? It is the place most conversations start, the beginning of the inane from which meaning grows.

It is cold, bloody cold. about 8 degrees during the day and much colder in the evening. I am finding it very difficult to get out and do the jobs around the place that need doing, because it is just too cold.

The gorse is growing, even in this cold temperatures, and I see the area that has been groomed growing and spreading. It is an amazing thing to see, it spreads and grows, wider, higher, greener and with a beautiful spread of golden flowers. Damn shame it is a noxious weed. Come Spring I will get out the poison and spray all this regrowth. A good thing and I will be exhausted and stinky, but I love waiting and watching the green slowly fade and the plants die giving opportunity for the native plants to grow. watch this space I will put up some photos as I go along.

No comments: