Tuesday 15 July 2008

Bloody Management

I had a long weekend just gone, with Choir concert Eeling and just having a good time. So when I had to go to work today it was a quite a shake up. Suddenly I am accountable for every minute of my time, in a way that makes every thing that has gone before seem silly.

I wonder some time about the way the pendulum swings with new management. I know you all have been through this too. We are encouraged to behave in a specific way doing our jobs to the best of our ability, taking advantage of our independance to best tailor the support for our communities. New management and budgets come in, and suddenly everything that we do is being watched and we often have to spend twice as much time writing up and justifying what we are doing as doing it.

Oh boy I just read my little whinge up there and it really shows how frustrated I am with all this. I better just buckle down and ge the job done I guess, it is what I get paid for. I do welcome your comments though, have you been through this cycle & how did you deal with it?

No comments: