Sunday 3 August 2008

closure

Well I have finished my 350 metres of fencing. It was a real family effort with the four of us carrying, winding, straining and working for the last 2 weekends, but now it is done.

I am officially the worlds 3rd worst fencer, ( I have yet to teach my two children everything I know)


But the feeling of having finished is a great sense of satisfaction. Yes there were some difficulties along the way, one of the end assemblies decided that it wanted to life up out of the ground as we strained the wire. Probably because of the hill, and the sloppy ground. Thank goodness for the rain!

My 11yo daughter and I built one of the end assemblies together. It was the first time I think that we have been able to work as equals (neither of us knew what we were doing) and it was really nice. I was so please to rediscover that my daughter is a nice thoughtful insiteful person. These are things that I knew, but in the business of life miss from time to time. We talked about school, her friends where she was at, what she was doing and wanted to do. It was fabulous. I believe I will remember that day forever. At those moments there is nothing better than being a Dad.

No comments: